Thank you for visiting our website

Featuring breaking political news and commentary on local, state, and national issues.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Dem Campaign Chatter 10-20-2008

George Wenschhof

Today, Obama is in Tampa and Orlando, Florida - Florida is one of the battleground states and Obama is currently polling ahead by 3-4 points. Biden is in Seattle, Washington.

Early voting has begun in Florida and Obama will be joined by Senator Hillary Clinton (NY) and Governor Bill Richardson (NM) as he campaigns in the state. has more here.


Obama 49.2%, McCain 43.7% - this is the average of seven national polls taken from 10-14 to 10-19-2008. Obama maintains a 5.5% lead. Read details here.


Obama on NBC "Today" - In an interview taped yesterday in North Carolina and shown this morning. he talks about the Colin Powell endorsement, Sarah Palin and how it is important to continue to work hard over the last two weeks in the campaign. You can watch it here.


McCain-Palin campaign continues bogus claim Obama is a socialist - well if all the rest of the slime has not stuck, why not try this? Seems this is the latest negative attack aimed at Obama and his economic program. Obama wants to lower taxes for 95% of Americans - those making less than $250,000 and raise taxes on the other 5% - I guess if you tax the wealthy, you are a socialist. Never mind Senator McCain voted with Senator Obama for the bailout bill. The first 250 Billion has been spent to nationalize Banks - this happens to be a socialist move. The NY Times has more here.


Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to meet with House Budget committee - he is scheduled to meet at 10:00 AM ET to discuss the status of the economy. Read more here.


To receive "Daily Updates" from Air-it-Out with George by email or reader, click on "Subscribe to this feed" below.

No comments: